Thursday, February 7, 2013

'Til Death Do Us Die


'Til Death Do Us Die.

Our hands pull away
like the tape that adhere the posters to my wall
old and losings its stick,
we are falling apart
a relationship like ours
was doomed from the start
drowning and being pulled under a wave
drier than a currant
you and i are a paradox
we were
perfect
we were
defect
we’re two pairs of socks
that got separated in the wash
it’s hard for us to get this right
when you’re always going left
life an angle, not angel,
you’re completely obtuse
it’s not cute
I’ve gotten so used to frowning
people think my lips are falling
down for the count
i’m on the ground
1, 2, 3,
i’m loser circle bound
being with you is like playing
the Game of Life
and always losing a turn
and I’ll never get to the end
all i want to do is retire
to my ashy urn
in death, is where true peace can be found
real happiness settles
6 feet under
among the worms and bones
so here we are
holding hands again
but really what it feels like
is my hands folded across my heart
and a smile expertly moulded
upon this face that is merely a shell
that once harboured the soul
that floats above you

No comments:

Post a Comment