Friday, May 10, 2013

Are you reading this now?


Okay so please keep in mind this is a rough draft but I wanted to post this..I plan on giving it to my English teacher. Anyway, basically the idea is that not all literature should be analyzed to death like the damn red wheelbarrow and how it represented i don't know what. Poetry is meant to be enjoyed. So here it is...



Are you reading this right now?
Where are you?
Does it matter anyhow?

Are you reading this right now in English class?
Forced to assess every asset
From the curtain color to
The cacophony used
In this gritty group of
Cluttered crap
That you're taught
To believe
Actually means something
Besides the literal
Truth is
I've arrayed these words to
Appear pretty and poised and appealing
To the eye when all I'm trying to teach you
Is sometimes things don't make sense
And you can't let rules fence you in
Unless you want to find yourself
Encased in a identical ideal
You won't always be able
To decipher symbols like how
This poem is portraying life.
I haven't got all the answers
So how could you be Expected to
Know why I just capitalized the e in expected
When it means nothing to me or you.
Focus on the important facts and don't bs the rest
Just discard the diarrhea of silly assumptions
That everything's got some hidden meaning
This poems not a hieroglyphic
I hereby give you the permission to tell your
Teacher mr or mrs whatshisorhername
Theres no underlying statement and
Sometimes things are simpler than
They seem
No sir there's no apostrophe no meter No overstatement no rhyme scheme
That'll make you scream from extreme screening
Of these lengthy lines
That slowly unravel like twine
See that slant rhyme
Savor it don't decipher it.
Words and in turn poems are
Here to entertain not to hurt your brain.
Teachers let me make this easy
So you don't make your students queasy
Stop with the aggravating translating and debating
And make with the appreciating

Are you reading this now?

1 comment: