Tuesday, May 21, 2013

In Waiting

Unread notes on your desk
Your inbox full of
Unread texts

You lived a day ago,
But now it's today.
I still don't understand
Why you'd throw
Your life away.

You left behind
A trail of dust
And confusion in my mind.

Life was good I thought.
It was as good as it gets.
But now you lay
A splattered mess on the parking lot.
How could you jump with no regrets?

A big mess you left me.
I thought you ought to know.
Do you feel the least bit guilty?

Sleep is rare now that you're gone.
My dreams house so much despair.
I cry every night,
Hoping you'll be back at dawn.
But all I have is a pillow that smells of your hair.

To me, you are a coward
And a murderer
For making this life so hard.

How could you leave me with a broken heart
And a message on the answering machine
That you had no intent
To tear us apart,
At the weakened seam.

You said a world so cold
Is no place for a love
Like ours to unfold.

You said you look ahead
To the day we meet again.
But for now, you said,
Don't dwell on the dead,
We'll meet again where there exists no pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment